Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Call me crazy, but I am a Caillou Fan!



Have you ever taken a shower with peering eyes on the other side of the glass? How about once you make a motion to turn of the water and your helpful little angel pulls your towel onto the floor picking up any dust bunnies that have congregated there since the last time you vacuumed the floor (three weeks ago). So you wrestle the towel from the kid and attempt to dry off and as fast as possible before they try give you kisses on anything he or she may perceive as "owies". You reach for your lotion and of course, they want some too. To avoid a fight, you give them the smallest squirt and all of a sudden, "It's ok Mommy! I put some cream on you!" If only cream could fix the cottage cheese that was once my butt. Sigh.

But you know what is great? Having your 2 year old want to stay downstairs to watch Caillou so that you can sneak away and take a shower without a tiny audience! Now, I know some mommies have come out with their deep seeded hatred of the whiny little tyke that graces Sprout's airwaves. I get it, the kid is constantly whining, has the world's least inventive theme song, but yet, my sweet little PeeWee schedules her whole day around him. And for now, I am thankful!

I am equally thankful that my little PeeWee is so very sweet and wants to make sure that anything that ails me is taken care of. 


5 comments:

  1. I like Caillou, too! And I think the theme song is MUCH better than "DuhduhduhduhduhDora" teaching kids to stutter." :oP~ Sammi likes Nina and Star the best, and I can't lie, I enjoy my time making dinner while she watches it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never really got into Dora around here. To be honest, I am not even sure what channel she comes on! She really thinks Olivia is a hoot too, but it only comes on at like 3am. Weird. She got into it after Santa brought her an Olivia book that she er he bought for a steal at a Scholastic warehouse sale.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm not Canadian, but I've always been curious about his name. Don't hear Caillou everyday or ever;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean you don't want to name your baby boy Caillou? ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete