Thursday, November 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup

This summer, I made this delicious summertime meal from Iowagirleats.com. I had a lot of leftover barley and started dreaming of the fall when I could make a delicious beef barley soup. Well, my taste buds needn't wait any longer and yours don't have to either. I found this recipe on Betty Crocker's website here.

I have made a few minor changes.


Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup


Ingredients


cup frozen cut green beans 
cup frozen corn2 lbs pounds beef stew meat1 chopped bell pepper1 chopped large onioncup uncooked pearled barley1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon peppercarton (32 ounces) beef broth -Reduced Sodium cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoescan (8 ounces) tomato sauce

Directions

Add all ingredients in slow cooker. Mix carefully to not splatter. Place on Low heat for 8-10 hours. Go to work, run after a few little ones, go to the spa, or whatever it is that you do during the day. Come home, ladle a few spoonfuls into your favorite crock and Enjoy!

This also freezes great for those "I just don't have it in me to make a meal" kind of days!

Talk about easie peasie, lemon squeezie! (You can take me out of the classroom, but you can't take the 7 year old lingo out of me!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment