Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We'll just get some from downstairs, Mom!

Have you seen these Twistables crayons by Crayola? 

I love 'em! They totally appeal to the teacher in me. I can just hear the way my students used to whine when their crayons did not have the sharp point like the ones on top of their heads! These crayons eliminate the need for the whining or finding the wrapper all around my classroom or now my home. 



Santa brought PeeWee a Crayola Monster Tub from Costco which he under evaluated the risks and drama it would bring. But that is another story all together. 

So fast forward 6 months and a day and PeeWee woke up at 7 AM. The optimal time for a good day for her. We went to a splash park in a neighboring town with some friends and even got to go play at Chick-fil-A with our friends for lunch! Despite our busy and active morning, PeeWee decided she did not or could not fall asleep. All I asked of her was that she play quietly for 30 minutes in her room. I pointed out her crayons and coloring books that she could play with or she had the option to watch a movie in her room. (Don't judge me and my choice to put a TV in her room)

Me to myself: Wow! She is really playing quietly up there. I am so thankful for the quiet time to regroup. 

30 minutes later I walk upstairs to find the beautiful crayons that I use when I color with her are now in all broken out of the plastic housing except for the black crayon! Had I been a goth chic I could live with the elimination of all the colors... but I am not! I like coloring with COLORS. 

Her response, "Don't worry Mom, we can get more crayons from downstairs!" 

Sigh... you know what they say, it's the little things in life. 

To some this may be small potatoes, but if we don't teach our children to take care of the little things in life like crayons, how will they ever learn to take care of the big things?




1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet girl! She's got a mind of her own for sure :)

    ReplyDelete